Job Title: Non-Diet Registered Dietitian
Job Type: Part-time employee, remote
Hours: 10-20 hours per week, flexible schedule, 1-2 evenings (5-8 PM) per week
Christine Byrne Nutrition LLC (www.christinejbyrne.com) is looking for a part-time Registered Dietitian (RD) to join the team in early 2023. You will be joining Christine Byrne, a non-diet, weight-inclusive RD, in providing nutrition counseling to adolescent and adult clients struggling with eating disorders and disordered eating, as well as to clients looking for general nutrition guidance from a non-diet, weight-inclusive perspective.
The practice is committed to the philosophies of Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size®, and to providing compassionate and identity-affirming support for all clients. The right candidate will have an understanding of these concepts and a passion for pushing against diet culture and helping clients do the same.
Although this will start as a fully remote position with the RD providing nutrition counseling via telehealth from their home, there may be an option to offer in-person appointments in the Downtown Raleigh office in the future.
The ideal candidate is eager to collaborate with Christine (RD and owner) and members of each client’s care team, and is also comfortable working independently in session. This position will start at fewer hours per week (minimum 5) and grow to up to 20 hours per week as the RD’s caseload increases. This position could become a full-time position in the future.
Christine Byrne Nutrition is credentialed with Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, and would credential the new dietitian under the practice.
As the first RD employee, you’ll help shape the culture, philosophy, and work systems of the practice. You’ll also have flexibility in shaping your schedule and caseload, as well as the option to transition to full-time in the future.
Christine Byrne Nutrition strives to honor all RDs of different backgrounds, and values lived experience as well as traditional education. We value a diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, ethnicity, or culture.
- Completes comprehensive patient nutrition assessments during counseling sessions using a weight-inclusive and trauma informed treatment modality
- Creates appropriate treatment plans for each client (adolescents and adults), including long-term goals, short-term goals, appropriate client resources, stages of recovery (as needed), and meal plans (as needed)
- Determines and uses appropriate treatment approaches, ideas, and modalities with clients
- Communicates and collaborates with each client’s care team (including MDs, therapists, psychiatrists, and parents) as needed
- Charts all relevant and necessary information within 24 hours of each appointment
- Schedules follow-up appointments with existing clients
- Explains and enforces office policies, including cancellation and no-show policies, with each client
- Attends weekly case consultation meetings
- Establishes relationships with other providers and referral sources in the community during monthly paid marketing hours
- Completes approved continuing education (stipend provided) related to eating disorders, including supervision with a Certified Eating Disorders Specialist – Supervisor
- As needed: Creates client resources, assists with administrative tasks
- Registered Dietitian in good standing (RD), licensed in North Carolina (LDN)
- North Carolina resident (close proximity to Raleigh is preferred, as this could transition to remote/in-person hybrid in the future)
- Working knowledge of Health at Every Size® and Intuitive Eating frameworks
- Motivational Interviewing training and/or experience
- 1+ years of nutrition counseling experience in an outpatient setting
- Evening hours (5-8 PM) at least 1 time per week
- Willingness to work with adolescents (age 12-17) and parents
- Strong computer and EMR skills
- Relevant training/certifications (i.e. Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, Embodied Recovery, Body Trust Provider)
- 1+ years of eating disorder nutrition counseling experience
- Experience with Family-Based Treatment and working with adolescents
Based on experience
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Continuing education stipend at 15+ billable hours per week
Please send a resume and cover letter to Christine Byrne, MPH, RD, LDN at email@example.com by January 20, 2023.